Because of a recent article published by the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel media outlet titled “Some Wisconsin gun owners believe it’s time to put more limits on guns“; the Pine River Sports Association, Ltd., offers the following rebuttal:
1. The article in no way expresses the opinion, position or policy of the Pine River Sports Association and its members.
2. Statements made by those in the article were the personal opinions of those making them and should not have been presented in such a way as to infer it is the official position of the Pine River Sports Association – it was not and is not.
3. The Pine River Sports Association, Ltd. does not in any way believe – it’s time to put more limits on guns.
4. We are affiliated with the National Rifle Association, as such we do not hold beliefs or policies counter to their position regarding guns.
5. Some of the interviews for the article were conducted in our facility, without the knowledge or permission of the Pine River Sports Association, Ltd.
6. The following links will take you to the results of a Special Meeting of the Board of Directors and Officers of the Pine River Sports Association, Ltd., regarding this article.
7. These links present the ‘official policy’ of the Pine River Sports Association, Ltd. At the end of the link – PRSA Policy – Firearms Laws – there is a link to the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel Article.
Gil J Hoerth / President – Board of Directors
Pine River Sports Association, Ltd.
1535 N Cedar St.
Richland center, WI 53581