DADPL Detailed Info
The 2019-2020 DADPL was declared over at the May 27th, 2020 membership meeting. Awards will be made based on the four (4) completed shoots. Hopefully we will be able to have another DADPL season beginning in November 2020.
The 2019-20 season is over. The courses of fire was the same as used in 2018-19.
The Driftless Area Defensive Pistol League (DADPL) season began on November 16th, 2019. Invitation to participate in the 2019-2020 DADPL was posted in the Notes below and emailed to past participants.
If you are aware of any shooters who may be interested please let them know and forward this information or refer them to this website. This website will be the clearing house for all information related to the DADPL Program. Results of all shoots will be posted under this sites “DADPL Results” menu and will once again be printed in the Richland Observer newspaper.
2019-20 Driftless Area Defensive Pistol League Invite rev
2019-2020 DADPL Rules
1. (10/8/2019) The link(s) above are for the 2019-2020 DADPL. (Please print and distribute to anyone you feel might be interested.)
2. (10/12/2019) DADPL invite document revised – there was an error in value for Bonus Stage hits. The value of each hit corresponds to the value of a penalty, (3) seconds each.
3. (10/13/2019) As in 2018-19 we may once again add an extra shoot allowing use of Laser’s and Electronic sights. This was well received and enjoyed. Date to be announced.
4. (12/19/2019) Added Classification/Stage – Laser & Electronic sights will be allowed at the January 25th Shoot, only during the Laser stage. These scores will not count toward League final as it is considered a “fun shoot” only. Entry fee is $3.00 with re-entry permitted. See 2018-2019 DADPL #4 Laser Addendum link below for more details.
5. (12/23/2019) December Shoot results are posted.
6. (5/31/2020) DADPL #5 Shoot is cancelled. We will award winners based on the four (4) completed shoots.
7. (5/31/2020) The 2019-2020 DADPL is closed. Hopefully we will be able to hold another beginning in November 2020. Thank you to all who participated.
Sporting News 2019
1. The final DADPL & PRWL scores have been posted under DADPL-PWRL Results menu. Thanks to everyone who participated.
2. Addendum to the January 25th DADPL shoot: We plan to add an extra shoot to the normal shoot. Details are outlined in the link below:
DADPL #4 Laser Addendum
2017-18 Winter League Invite
1. (11/21/2017) DADPL Course of Fire is described in the Invite Document.
2. (11/21/2017) Clarification: The Bonus Stage can only be used to offset ‘penalties’ accrued in stages 1 & 2. It cannot be used to lower the shooters base time.
3. (11/23/2017) Change: Stage 1 will have the targets at the 50’ line and shooters will fire from the mats at the 21’ line. This does not change the distance only the location. This is done to minimize potential damage to the backstops wood framework.
4. (12/20/2017) At the December shoot, the hostage targets were inadvertently left off during stage 2. This was discovered after 4 shooters had fired. In order to keep the stage equal for all shooters we elected to not use the hostage targets in stage 2 for the entire match. The hostage targets will be used at the January and subsequent DADPL shoots.
5. (1/12/2018) The Program shown below will remain the same throughout the 5 shoots, only the actual dates for each shoot will change.
6. Remaining Shoot dates are: February 18th, March 11th and April 15th, 2018.
7. The February shoot date was been changed from the 11th to the 18th, due to being too close to the PRSA Gun Show and a personal conflict.
9. Because some shooters were not able to make the original scheduled shoot dates the match bulletins will be revised as shooters are able to do make up shoots.
10. The revised bulletins have been posted for December, January & February shoots.
11. March 25th, 2018 is the final scheduled Make Up date, 12:00 noon to 4:00pm.
12. The final 2017-2018 season shoot will be on April 29th, 2018. Anyone needing to do make ups must fire them at that shoot. No make ups will be scheduled after that.
2017-2018 DADPL Rules
DADPL Range Layout.pdf