DADPL Detailed Info
The 2020-2021 DADPL is almost complete, one shoot to go.The next shoot is scheduled for March 20th, 2021 and will utilize a new course of fire. We hope to see many of our regular past participants at this shoot.
Sign up/registration for the remainder of the 2020-2021 season will be at 9:00, shooting will begin promptly at 10:00am. All shoots will be completed by 2:00pm or earlier, depending on attendance, so plan your schedules accordingly. You need to be registered no later than 12:00 noon at each shoot.
Shoots #3 – #6 will each use a different course of fire – as was done in years past. Due to this years ammo shortage we will be reducing the round count somewhat. Re-entry will not be allowed. All shoots will be on Saturdays and have been posted to the club calendar. There will be six (6) total shoots and the competitor will select five (5) shoots of his choice for record. The league cost will remain the same as in the past – $25.00 for the entire league. You may opt to pay for the entire league when you sign up, or you may pay $5.00 for each one as you attend. Awards will be the same as in the past, 33% of entry fees, with the number of places paid determined by the number of participants. You must have fired five (5) complete shoots to be eligible for awards. If you know of anyone who may be interested please pass this information to them. We plan to have another successful DADPL season.
2020-21 Driftless Area Defensive Pistol League Invite
2020-2021 DADPL Rules
DAPPL April 2021 Program
DAPPL April 2021 Range Layout
DAPPL April 2021 Course of Fire
1. This years League Secretary will be Phil Wallace. Contact Phil (608-604-5491) if you wish to preregister.
2. We may be bringing back the Subdued Light Laser Shoot at one of the later shoots.
3. All results will be posted under the DADPL Results menu and may be printed in the Richland Observer newspaper.
4. The calendar shows a conflict with the SWRL for shoot #4. The DADPL shoot takes precedence and will be held that date.
5. There will not be a “makeup” shoot this season, if you wish to be eligible for awards make sure you fire five of the scheduled shoots.
6. The April date shown is in case of bad weather, so that we can be assured of five completed shoots.
7. All shoots will begin at 9:00am and should be completed before 2:00pm. The shoots may end before that time once all registered shooters have fired. Participants need to be registered no later than 12:00 noon.
8. Penalty values for all DADPL shoots will be 5 seconds – added or deducted as required.
9. The Rules document shows DADPL #3 on January 23rd, 2021 – is wrong and should say Jan 16th, 2021. The Club Calendar & Program are correct.
The 2019-20 season is over. The courses of fire was the same as used in 2018-19.
The Driftless Area Defensive Pistol League (DADPL) season began on November 16th, 2019. Invitation to participate in the 2019-2020 DADPL was posted in the Notes below and emailed to past participants.
If you are aware of any shooters who may be interested please let them know and forward this information or refer them to this website. This website will be the clearing house for all information related to the DADPL Program. Results of all shoots will be posted under this sites “DADPL Results” menu and will once again be printed in the Richland Observer newspaper.
2019-20 Driftless Area Defensive Pistol League Invite rev
2019-2020 DADPL Rules
1. (10/8/2019) The link(s) above are for the 2019-2020 DADPL. (Please print and distribute to anyone you feel might be interested.)
2. (10/12/2019) DADPL invite document revised – there was an error in value for Bonus Stage hits. The value of each hit corresponds to the value of a penalty, (3) seconds each.
3. (10/13/2019) As in 2018-19 we may once again add an extra shoot allowing use of Laser’s and Electronic sights. This was well received and enjoyed. Date to be announced.
4. (12/19/2019) Added Classification/Stage – Laser & Electronic sights will be allowed at the January 25th Shoot, only during the Laser stage. These scores will not count toward League final as it is considered a “fun shoot” only. Entry fee is $3.00 with re-entry permitted. See 2018-2019 DADPL #4 Laser Addendum link below for more details.
5. (12/23/2019) December Shoot results are posted.
6. (5/31/2020) DADPL #5 Shoot is cancelled. We will award winners based on the four (4) completed shoots.
7. (5/31/2020) The 2019-2020 DADPL is closed. Hopefully we will be able to hold another beginning in November 2020. Thank you to all who participated.
Sporting News 2019
1. The final DADPL & PRWL scores have been posted under DADPL-PWRL Results menu. Thanks to everyone who participated.
2. Addendum to the January 25th DADPL shoot: We plan to add an extra shoot to the normal shoot. Details are outlined in the link below:
DADPL #4 Laser Addendum
2017-18 Winter League Invite
1. (11/21/2017) DADPL Course of Fire is described in the Invite Document.
2. (11/21/2017) Clarification: The Bonus Stage can only be used to offset ‘penalties’ accrued in stages 1 & 2. It cannot be used to lower the shooters base time.
3. (11/23/2017) Change: Stage 1 will have the targets at the 50’ line and shooters will fire from the mats at the 21’ line. This does not change the distance only the location. This is done to minimize potential damage to the backstops wood framework.
4. (12/20/2017) At the December shoot, the hostage targets were inadvertently left off during stage 2. This was discovered after 4 shooters had fired. In order to keep the stage equal for all shooters we elected to not use the hostage targets in stage 2 for the entire match. The hostage targets will be used at the January and subsequent DADPL shoots.
5. (1/12/2018) The Program shown below will remain the same throughout the 5 shoots, only the actual dates for each shoot will change.
6. Remaining Shoot dates are: February 18th, March 11th and April 15th, 2018.
7. The February shoot date was been changed from the 11th to the 18th, due to being too close to the PRSA Gun Show and a personal conflict.
9. Because some shooters were not able to make the original scheduled shoot dates the match bulletins will be revised as shooters are able to do make up shoots.
10. The revised bulletins have been posted for December, January & February shoots.
11. March 25th, 2018 is the final scheduled Make Up date, 12:00 noon to 4:00pm.
12. The final 2017-2018 season shoot will be on April 29th, 2018. Anyone needing to do make ups must fire them at that shoot. No make ups will be scheduled after that.
2017-2018 DADPL Rules
DADPL Range Layout.pdf