DADPL 2021 – 2022 Info
The 2021-2022 DADPL is being planned out, with a lot of similarities to what we did last year. Rob, Gar and Phil are planning the events and we are going to do 5 shoots, all on the second Saturday of each month, November – March (Feb will be First Sat). The course of fire will be different each month, with an emphasis on “real world” type defensive shooting scenarios. The shoots will feature, various distances, one handed, shooting around obstacles, thru windows, and shooting in the dark with only a flashlight! The FIRST shoot is scheduled for November 13th, 2021. We hope to see many of our regular and past participants at this shoot.
You can Sign up/registration for each shoot, beginning at 8:00am, or you can register for the season. There will be a Safety Briefing at 9:00am on the day of the shoot, with the course explanation, then competition beginning promptly following the briefing. All shoots will be completed by 1:00pm or earlier, depending on attendance, so plan your schedules accordingly. You need to be registered no later than 9:00am at each shoot.
You will need at least 50 rounds, or more, for each event. The league cost this year will be $30.00 if you opt to pay for the entire league when you sign up on the first shoot event, OR you may pay $10.00 for each one as you attend. Cash Awards for the Top 3 places (Total Scores for all 5 Matches) will be 33% of entry fees. You must have participated in ALL five (5) complete shoots to be eligible for awards. If you know of anyone who may be interested please pass this information to them. We plan to have another successful DADPL season!
1. League Secretary is Phil Wallace. Contact Phil (608-604-5491) or Rob Gleisner (608-604-4752) if you wish to preregister.
2. Each month will feature a different course of fire. Some will have subdued lighting.
3. All results will be posted under the DADPL Results menu.
4. There will not be a “makeup” shoot this season, if you wish to be eligible for awards make sure you fire ALL five of the scheduled shoots.
5. All shoots will begin at 9:00am and will be completed before 1:00pm. The shoots may end before that time once all registered shooters have fired. Participants need to be registered no later than 9:00 am.
6. New rule: Once a shooter is on the range, and the timer has begun, we ask there be NO talking or discussions behind the line of fire, as those are disruptive to the competitor.
7. Penalty values for all DADPL shoots will be 5 seconds – added or deducted as required. Safety Penalties, will be assessed at 10 seconds. More than 1 Safety Penalty may disqualify you from the match.
8. The DADPL Trophy has been engraved with the name & score of the 2022 winner – Gar Alldredge.
The 2019-20 season is over. The courses of fire was the same as used in 2018-19.
The Driftless Area Defensive Pistol League (DADPL) season began on November 16th, 2019. Invitation to participate in the 2019-2020 DADPL was posted in the Notes below and emailed to past participants.
If you are aware of any shooters who may be interested please let them know and forward this information or refer them to this website. This website will be the clearing house for all information related to the DADPL Program. Results of all shoots will be posted under this sites “DADPL Results” menu and will once again be printed in the Richland Observer newspaper.
2019-20 Driftless Area Defensive Pistol League Invite rev
2019-2020 DADPL Rules
1. (10/8/2019) The link(s) above are for the 2019-2020 DADPL. (Please print and distribute to anyone you feel might be interested.)
2. (10/12/2019) DADPL invite document revised – there was an error in value for Bonus Stage hits. The value of each hit corresponds to the value of a penalty, (3) seconds each.
3. (10/13/2019) As in 2018-19 we may once again add an extra shoot allowing use of Laser’s and Electronic sights. This was well received and enjoyed. Date to be announced.
4. (12/19/2019) Added Classification/Stage – Laser & Electronic sights will be allowed at the January 25th Shoot, only during the Laser stage. These scores will not count toward League final as it is considered a “fun shoot” only. Entry fee is $3.00 with re-entry permitted. See 2018-2019 DADPL #4 Laser Addendum link below for more details.
5. (12/23/2019) December Shoot results are posted.
6. (5/31/2020) DADPL #5 Shoot is cancelled. We will award winners based on the four (4) completed shoots.
7. (5/31/2020) The 2019-2020 DADPL is closed. Hopefully we will be able to hold another beginning in November 2020. Thank you to all who participated.
8. (4/23/2022) The DADPL Trophy has been engraved with the name & score of the 2021 winner – Gar Alldredge.
Sporting News 2019
1. The final DADPL & PRWL scores have been posted under DADPL-PWRL Results menu. Thanks to everyone who participated.
2. Addendum to the January 25th DADPL shoot: We plan to add an extra shoot to the normal shoot. Details are outlined in the link below:
DADPL #4 Laser Addendum
2017-18 Winter League Invite
1. (11/21/2017) DADPL Course of Fire is described in the Invite Document.
2. (11/21/2017) Clarification: The Bonus Stage can only be used to offset ‘penalties’ accrued in stages 1 & 2. It cannot be used to lower the shooters base time.
3. (11/23/2017) Change: Stage 1 will have the targets at the 50’ line and shooters will fire from the mats at the 21’ line. This does not change the distance only the location. This is done to minimize potential damage to the backstops wood framework.
4. (12/20/2017) At the December shoot, the hostage targets were inadvertently left off during stage 2. This was discovered after 4 shooters had fired. In order to keep the stage equal for all shooters we elected to not use the hostage targets in stage 2 for the entire match. The hostage targets will be used at the January and subsequent DADPL shoots.
5. (1/12/2018) The Program shown below will remain the same throughout the 5 shoots, only the actual dates for each shoot will change.
6. Remaining Shoot dates are: February 18th, March 11th and April 15th, 2018.
7. The February shoot date was been changed from the 11th to the 18th, due to being too close to the PRSA Gun Show and a personal conflict.
9. Because some shooters were not able to make the original scheduled shoot dates the match bulletins will be revised as shooters are able to do make up shoots.
10. The revised bulletins have been posted for December, January & February shoots.
11. March 25th, 2018 is the final scheduled Make Up date, 12:00 noon to 4:00pm.
12. The final 2017-2018 season shoot will be on April 29th, 2018. Anyone needing to do make ups must fire them at that shoot. No make ups will be scheduled after that.
2017-2018 DADPL Rules
DADPL Range Layout.pdf